Sunday 13 October 2013

The Two Bold Lip Choice |




I am not an overly massive lip girl to be honest and if you are a regular reader of my blog then im much a nail/skincare girl but still love a lot of makeup too. Recently i have had a bit of a change in my makeup and trying switch things up. A night out planned in advance was the perfect excuse to experiment with a new makeup look - the bold lips. You might be reading this thinking why on earth doesnt she wear bold lips as they are a classic look but for me i just never thought i would get the perfect combination right. My night outfit was a little black dress number that had some pretty detailing but i didnt want to overdo my makeup so the bold lip was put into action.

I started applying my makeup with a subtle bronzed cheek, a lot of mascara but nothing on the lids as i wanted the main focus to be the lipstick. The two colours that helped achieve my look was the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 111 Kiss of life and Rimmel Apocalips in 402 Across the Universe. They are the perfect match as the Kate Moss colour is very matte but the Apocalips draws out more colour and a slight gloss to the lips. I really loved the combination of them both and i think that a classic red look can give an instant makeover and can make it appear that you have made some real effort!!

Do you wear a red lip on nights out?


7 comments:

  1. I always look back and wonder how I pulled off a bold lip look everyday (with my school uniform!) - I love these products! :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try out full on red lipstick so bad!
    victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red lips and a, really loving the Rimmel Apocalips range!

    Also I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I used to be the same, and it's only recently that I've come out of my shell. And now I do be wearing the Rimmel | Kate Moss in 107! Which is an even darker red! You're always going to be a bit uncomfortable at first, but it's your face and you can wear whatever you feel like wearing on it. These are gorgeous colours to start off with! :)

    - Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bold red lip for a night out with a winged eyeliner and no shadow.

    Carrieanne x

    beautiesUnlocked
    Blogluvin


    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Kiss of Life, I'll have to give the Apocalips a go as well :)

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx