Sunday 8 December 2013

Nail Add Ons: Champneys Softening Hand Scrub & OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener |


I love nothing more then treating my hands to a good pamper. They always seem to get dry around this time of year more then ever with the central heating and blasts of cold winds daily. My nails have been horrible for a little while and i needed a couple of products in particular to help get things back on track.

Champneys is a brand i have only recently tried with the body butter that has been in a post recently and with it being such a great product i thought i would try something else from the brand. I noticed in boots that they do a hand polisher so i purchased straight away. The Champneys Softening Hand Scrub is a gentle exfoliator that gently softens the skin and moisturises cuticles and nails. I apply this to dry hands and work it in amongst my nails concentrating on the dry areas that surround the nail. Its not a harsh scrub and smells divine. After i have worked it into my nails i also work it into my hands and then i wash it off with colder water. It has a slight oily residue when washing off which the oil acts as a moisturiser and makes the skin feel so baby soft and smooth. I love using this every week to help battle with dryness and it really works. You dont need to use too much and i think at £6 its a good little product to have.

The next product which i have been using in conjunction with the hand scrub is OPI's Nail Envy Nail Strengthener but the mini version. Its a strengthening base coat which helps peeling, cracking and broken nails to get back into full health with wheat protein and calcium. I have been applying this every few days ontop of each coat as directed and have seen such a good difference in the strength of my nails and appearance. I havent been using nail varnish on top for a good few weeks now and aswell as the base coat and no nail varnish it has given that much needed boost. The base coat dries quickly and it has really helped to build my nails strength back up. So i would really recommend if you have dry brittle nails to give this a whirl.

Do you suffer from dry nails and hands?


2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried that opi think I'll have to invest
    http://missljbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OPI and champneys! Great for pampering xx

    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx